LITTER BOX REFRESH SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., 18 YEARS AND OLDER
1. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning at 12:00:00 pm Pacific Time (“PT”) on June 5, 2013 through 11:59:59 pm PT on July 30, 2013 (the “Entry Period”), log on to www.freshstep.com, click on the banner ad for the “Litter Box Refresh Sweepstakes” and follow the onscreen instructions to enter. As part of entry you will be asked to take a brief survey and have the opportunity to select which of three drawings you would like your entry to be included in. Each drawing has a different prize. See Rule #4 for the prizes available for each drawing. You may return to www.freshstep.com to enter again; however, there is a limit of one (1) entry per email address/person per day for the duration of the Entry Period. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry method or more than one entry per day will void all entries and result in disqualification.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry, except employees, officers, directors and agents of The Clorox Company (“Sponsor”), Promotions.com, LLC (“Judges”), TPN, Modernist Cat, The Litter Lounge, Kippy’s Kreations, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives, wholesalers, distributors, printers, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and members of the immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and households of each, whether related or not related, who are not eligible to participate or win a prize in the promotion. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
3. SWEEPSTAKES DRAWINGS: One (1) prize winner will be selected in each of three random drawings on or about August 2, 2013 from among all eligible entries received for each drawing. Drawings will be conducted by Judges. Odds of winning any drawing will depend upon the number of eligible entries received for each drawing. Potential prize winners will be notified mail and/or phone and may be required to sign any required Affidavit and Release within seven (7) days of attempted delivery or prize will be forfeited. The return of any prizes/prize notifications as undeliverable may result in disqualification and the prizes may be awarded to alternate winners.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize: a Modernist Cat Boutique Litter Box and a one year supply of Fresh Step® Cat Litter awarded as nine (9) free product coupons each redeemable for a 42 lb bag of any Fresh Step® Cat Litter (up to a maximum value of $18/coupon). ARV: $641. One (1) First Prize: Litter Lounge (Animal Print) Boutique Littler Box and a one year supply of Fresh Step® Cat Litter awarded as nine (9) free product coupons each redeemable for a 42 lb bag of any Fresh Step® Cat Litter (up to a maximum value of $18/coupon). ARV: $350. One (1) Second Prize: Kippy’s Kreations Boutique Litter Box and a one year supply of Fresh Step® Cat Litter awarded as nine (9) free product coupons each redeemable for a 42 lb bag of any Fresh Step® Cat Litter (up to a maximum value of $18/coupon). ARV: $262. Total ARV of all prizes is $1,253. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of prizes permitted by winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person/household. All federal, state and local taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the responsibility of winners.
5. GENERAL RULES: By participating, participants accept and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Judges, which shall be final and binding in all matters. Participants are bound by the Sponsor’s Conditions of Use, Legal Notices and Privacy Policies as published at www.clorox.com. By participating, participants agree to release and hold Promotion Parties harmless against any and all claims and liability arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the promotion or use or redemption of a prize. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its designees’ to use winners’ names, likenesses, and (and biographical information) for advertising and marketing and other purposes in any and all media now and hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, permission unless prohibited by law. Promotion Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, garbled, stolen, inaccurate, damaged, undelivered or delayed entries, prize claims or emails; or for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this promotion, or for any errors, problems or malfunctions of any kind whether caused by computer, network, technical, mechanical, printing, typographical, seeding or by any human error or otherwise which may occur in the programming of this promotion, including, without limitation, errors, problems or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the promotion, the processing of entries or prize claims, the announcement of the prizes or in any promotion-related materials. Promotion Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this promotion or downloading materials from or use of the web site. In no event will Sponsor or Promotion Parties be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in these Official Rules. If, in the Judges' opinion, there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or technical difficulties compromise the integrity, security or proper play of the sweepstakes, the Judges reserve the right to modify or terminate the sweepstakes, at the Judges’ sole discretion. If terminated, Judges may, at their discretion, award the prizes in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning online participant, entries made by internet will be declared made by the name on the online registration form. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. CONDITIONS AND LIMITS OF LIABILITY: As a condition of participating in this promotion, each participant agrees: (1) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses as set forth in subsection 3 below, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (2) this promotion is governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of law principles and any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a Court of competent jurisdiction located within the State of California; (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in participating in this promotion and in no event will participant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees, or any other costs; and (4) participant shall be bound by these Official Rules.
7. WINNERS’ LIST: For names of the prize winners, available after August 16, 2013, send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: Litter Box Refresh Sweepstakes - WL, P.O. Box 329, Elmhurst, IL 60126. Requests received after July 31, 2013 will not be honored.
SPONSOR: The Clorox Company, 1221 Broadway, Oakland, CA, 94612.